Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Rivers of Tears: Eric Clapton

Another one of those songs which can be listened to in the background and in the process get refreshed. Touches your soul, may be enhances your sadness if you are sad. Otherwise relaxes and calms you down. A beautiful song with great lyrics. On lighter note had the "tear" been replaced by "beer". I wonder what would the song had become.

YouTube Link

It's three miles to the river
That would carry me away,
And two miles to the dusty street
That I saw you on today.

It's four miles to my lonely room
Where I will hide my face,
And about half a mile to the downtown bar
That I ran from in disgrace.

Lord, how long have I got to keep on running,
Seven hours, seven days or seven years?
All I know is, since you've been gone
I feel like I'm drowning in a river,
Drowning in a river of tears.
Drowning in a river.
Feel like I'm drowning,
Drowning in a river.

In three more days, I'll leave this town
And disappear without a trace.
A year from now, maybe settle down
Where no one knows my face.

I wish that I could hold you
One more time to ease the pain,
But my time's run out and I got to go,
Got to run away again.

Still I catch myself thinking,
One day I'll find my way back here.
You'll save me from drowning,
Drowning in a river,
Drowning in a river of tears.
Drowning in a river.
Feels like I'm drowning,
Drowning in the river.
Lord, how long must this go on?

Drowning in a river,
Drowning in a river of tears.

11 comments:

Big Foot said...

If meaningful lyrically rich songs are to your liking put on the album 'All that you can't leave behind' by U2, sit back and close your eyes ... if you have already then great! :) \m/

Atish said...

"Eric Clapton is the most important and influential guitar player that has ever lived, is still living or ever will live. Do yourself a favor, and don't debate me on this. "

and top that with his heart felt vocals.. Clapton IS a GOD.

to use what my frend says... u have been 'Claptonized' :)

the full article: http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/7235468/the_immortals__the_greatest_artists_of_all_time_53_eric_clapton

Atish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Atish said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZgyx_lSakA&feature=related

Rohan Rai said...

More we say...lesser it will be...I have indeed been Claptonized :)

Big Foot said...

Clapton is/was the most important guitarist as far as the mainstream is concerned. That article, although, is a bit over the top :)
There are so many other guitarists who are just as important as he is, if not more.

Its a bit like it is with the Beatles, commercially the most important band ever, EVER! Musically and critically ... I don't think so ... not even close

Rohan Rai said...

Boy beware of what you are saying...u gotcha back it up...not even close 2 whom or what....Who knows how Clapton(omanics) will react...:)

Big Foot said...

He he! Don't get me wrong dude. I am as much a Claptomaniac as anyone. I love his music and his guitar sounds wickeder than most. I just said that the article is over the top, its like a Fanbois dream article :P

Personally I believe there are guitarists/performers just as much if not far more influential than Clapton; some like Chuck Berry, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Tony Iommi, Chet Atkins, Albert Lee, Jeff Beck ... :)

Rohan Rai said...

Chet Atkins...hmmmm...now i ahve some idea where the name bigfoot is coming from :)

Big Foot said...

lol, bigfoot is the name my college friends gave me ... coz I have really big feet. I dunno the Chet Atkins angle about this ... :)

Rohan Rai said...

haha.....i really shldnt use my brain....atkin has a song named big foot