Monday, August 18, 2008

Mr. Holland Opus ..... John Lennon

Mr Holland Opus a movie with a difference. A movie which created its own niche in the ever decreasing gray cells of mine. Effortlessly I recalled the scenes which I had seen on star movies almost 12-13 years ago. It gave me as much pleasure as it had given me during the very impressionable growing years of mine.

This movie is about a man Holland Opus who like any other wanted to make big in the music world. To support his cause he taught side by side. Thereafter it is about a journey of man from being any other human being to a loved teacher, and his eventual growing up with a deaf son. I remember how I almost got tears when Mr. Opus sings the song "Beautiful Boy" for his son. It still sends down a shiver down my spine when I imagine the whole rendition in my mind.

In one of the reviews of this movie in imdb someone wrote "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." : John Lennon and which is what happened to Mr. Opus. Such a beautiful and true thought indeed. In the hullabaloo of constantly moving towards an ever distant or a nearing destination we tend to forget the journey which will define us even when we are there at the final destination of our dreams. At the end we will only look back and reminiscence upon the foot prints of our life which in due course would have left an indelible mark in our hearts.

Indeed a brilliant movie which leaves you with a light heart.

No comments: