Monday, August 11, 2008

Broody and Sulky : Part 1

Long time no see !! A typical greeting to a chat buddy pinging you after long time. In the absence of creativity I will use the same to greet the few very stubborn readers of my blog. Those readers who have endured with my highly unskillful writing skills and even more pathetic incoherent thought process. I have an added cliche greeting for you i.e. Hats off to you my friends. Well inspite of all my shortcomings I do tend to update my blog, so the reason for not doing so was that I went home. Yeah home after 1.6 years. Before you even think that may be my parents live in some other country then let me correct you they live here. In the same country of diversity, mob mentality, tolerance, intolerance, a country of a billion which has finally got an individual gold in olympics. For the last one I got to say thank you Mr Bindra.

So here I am today in my office and ironically blogging not working. Strange is my sense of timing. I tend to work when at home in my supposed free time and do all sort of stuff during my working hours. My work timing and my non work timing has got entangled to an extent that each moment I feel I am either working and not free or I am not working and doing nothing. Nevertheless here I am today after a 9 days off from work and it happened as I did not take my laptop with me. Strangely after a trip after home which mind you I needed desperately I am tending more towards being broody, sulky and cynical. WHY?

Went home to Patna (Bihar). If you do not know where that is then Laloo Prasad Yadav. If you still don't know the place I am talking about either you are not an Indian or you have zero general knowledge. In between my old city is not the same any more. I was able to see bikes like pulsar, karizma and even R15. Yeah in Patna where we use to fear that if I take a bike today then one could only speculate and pray that it stays tomorrow. More over I saw some Vishal Mart, twin tower and many new places like that. Then the most shocking and most heartening of all was the markets and even small shops bustling with activity even as late as 11 PM. Yeah 11 PM !! Imagine that happening in Bangalore. Zillion times better than Bangalore. I wish this moral policing would stop and Bangalore could behave as a cosmopolitan should But who am I to wish , I am JASE (Just Another Software Engineer). People (hmmm) I almost got suffocated with number of people I saw on road. They were huge in number, never thought my home town has grown so rapidly. The dark side of development was that moving on roads (if I could call them that) was like moving amidst heaps of trash. This new BJP government in the state I guess would stay for giving people the sense of safety. I guess next time when (or if) they get elected they will really have to do work get elected again.

2 comments:

Atish said...

actually ... quite liked this post !

Rohan Rai said...

kewl I thought the ramblings were really random to be liked...Nice dat u liked it...U r my stubborn reader :)