Sunday, May 04, 2008

The Bicycle TRIP: Part 1

[Introduction]
An idea, a thought got finally materialized. Since the day I have landed in Bangalore somebody or the other always use to suggest for a bicycle trip. For reasons which is pretty obvious along with my laziness, the trip never happened. If it is not so obvious then you should use the part of the brain muscle which drives imagination, then may be you will be able to have a feel it. But 20th of April, 2008 was something different. On the fateful day I finally undertook a trip with one of my friend. Why did I finally agree to this crazy notion is still unknown to me.
But there are few factors which influenced or clouded my decision making process. Firstly my biker friend recently bought a bike costing 13k and he was in high spirits regarding this trip. Just for the sake of comparison and to give you the feel, the cost of my bike is around 3k. Secondly I was desperate need for something crazy in my life. Wanted to fill myself with physical exhaustion and pain to suppress other emotions which is giving me a lot of sorrow of late. This second reason is probably why I ultimately agreed to the trip and today I have no regrets


[Build Up]
Our excitement and enthusiasm before the trip was comparable to that of child having receive a new toy. Initially my friend was insisting on the trip to mysore (about 150 km from Bangalore). Now he is a guy who is fit. He plays squash, frequent gym and was bicycling up and down 20 km to his office everyday. There was my friend and here was me - a smoking chimney with no physical activity of any form. I was scared and 150 km out of the blue seemed impossible to me. After a little convincing I managed to change the destination to Nandi Hills which is about 80 km from Bangalore, At least this target did not sound so unachievable. 19th April a day before the trip we had to prepare our self. The images of the t-shirts which you are seeing was the part of the preparation. We probably wanted to spread some message in this adventure of ours and more so because it sounded something different.
So we bought plain t-shirts and customized it completely with our random thoughts. How much or did any one manage to have a look at our t-shirts is a question belonging to some alien category which we (at least I) don't even want to bother about. Buying stuffs like water, glucose, torch, head gear and getting our bike in proper shape were the other few task which we undertook. In addition to all these I converted an old, tattered good old faithful jeans of mine to make a half pant out of it.
We got so engrossed in all these activities that we ate up most of our resting time before the trip. Our anticipation and excitement ensured that we stay wide awake for the the few hours which we had manage to get out from our preparation. Nevertheless our preparation was complete and we started off around 1:30 am from our place to experience something which was completely strange, new and good.

2 comments:

Atish said...

"andar bahar" T - Shirt messages. do one for me dude !

Rohan Rai said...

hahahha...definitely definitely...why not...random scribbling from here on will be on t-shirts instead on paper...:)