Saturday, May 17, 2008

4/5/2008: Koramangala Methodist Church, Bangalore: Speaker Pastor H. Mathew: Theme: Life in Spirit

The speaker for this day was Pastor H. Matthew. As any other day this day was no different. I felt asleep. For once I wish that I knew his native language. I have this feeling that he must be a much better speaker while speaking in his native language. If you ask me what is the basis of this belief. I would say nothing but my gut feeling. Another thing I noticed that there were plenty other people who were sleeping but at the same time some of them were awake and listening. So I guess his sermon is not so bad after all. May be the fault is in me only but what to do I try hard not to sleep during his sermon to no avail. Nevertheless here is his sermon in first person. The passage was taken from Romans 8:1-11

In the apostle creed we say we believe in the holy spirit. The third element of the trinity is more often than not neglected by us. We may feel it belongs to the pentecostal church but the fact is holy spirit continuosly work in each and every one. Noise, music gets associated with the holy spirit and we may percieve that we can receive it in such environments only. But we can be anointed in a number of different ways. To revive our life, to strengthen our life we require holy spirit. It is the primary activating, motivating factor in the church today. Holy spirit; when it was received on the day of Pentecost; the lives of the people present got changed. Even the disciples underwent transformation. When it came, it came like a gushing wind. ....

Here my pen stopped working and a part of the sermon got lost in the process of finding a new pen

Holy spirit is percieved as a person and all the things in church is inspired by it. It is involved in all the activities of the church. Four things holy spirit does in believers life (i) Convicts the sinful (ii) Regenerates those who repent and believe (iii) Sanctifies our life (iv) Guide us in all the truth.
Holy spirit convicts the world (sinfull people). Holy spirit ministers to us by convicting us of sinful nature. So that we will be able to come out of the sinfull nature and we may live a righteous life in Jesus Christ. Many time we do unrighteous things inspite of knowing it to be so. Holy spirit continuosly warns us and shows us the right path. The people who crucified Christ thought that they were doing the right thing. After the crucifixtion and anointment of the holy spirit they realized that the person on the cross died for their sins and He is the son of God.....

Gripped by sleep I started to lose my concentration frequently till I finally gave up. So the sermon reproduced after this will become more and more incoherent ultimately ending without any conclusion.

Holy Spirit rejuvinates those who believe. .....Power of revival comes via holy spirit. When regeneration happens ; person life, mind, thoughts will be under control of Christ jesus (Romons 8:1-2)......

After this I totally lost it and stopped noting down anything more.

No comments: