Sunday, March 30, 2008

Easter, 23rd March,2008, Koramangala Methodist Church, Bangalore

Easter was the day which went too holy for me. Attended dawn service at 5 a.m. in KMC then attended 9:30 am service at KMC with my cousin and then attended the musical service at 6 pm in KMC. Unfortunately in all of them I was rather sleepy because of waking up so early. So attending all three services as an option did not turn out to be so good. Anyhow here are the excerpts from the three services.

1) Dawn Service 5 am: Luke 24:1-8. The sermon was taken by Pastor H Mathew and the inevitable happened that is in between service I was toggling between sleep and consciousness. So here are some random points I manage to remember. We look for living among the dead. We go to places to seek among those who cannot provide. Resurrection has provided greater hope. Recognition is one the stepping stone of proclaiming Jesus. Unexpected things are always a possibility and the impossible with men is possible with God. The only thing more I remember is the following and I like it very much. He said the following in reference with something which you guessed it right I have forgotten. He said The trains of thoughts on a lonely track, the greener grasses and the trees passes by. Well from these random phrases/sentences you must have realized that I was really sleepy.

2) 9:30 service koramangala. As from the excerpts of the sermon of the dawn services you might have realized that I was sleepy. What chances did I had to be attentive and awake during this service. Yes my friends the probability of that happening was 0, in spite of a very good sermon by Rev. Theodore Williams. He said We believe on Him as a living Christ. For time the Lord revealed Himself as a living one ( after crucifixion). One of this revelation was to Peter ....Luke 23:14..We cannot keep on worshipping him only during the time of troubles and sorrows. ..Suddenly on a long 'life' road Jesus happen to meet paralyzing, blinding sadness... We should open our hearts and allow the scriptures to do the rest. The urge is strong and it stays with us....not just as a problem but as saviour..He will never refuse invitation...The guest will then become the host. He will become the master. He is not an aspirin tablet for quick relief. So we should open our heart and submit. That's it, these are the few things I was able to assimilate during the time I was awake and I hope that you may gain something out of these incoherent aggregation of the sermon.

So the day ended in the evening in the church listening to beautiful rendition of some wonderful and meaningful praise and worship.

No comments: