Friday, December 15, 2006

My True Identity

Recently one of my flatmate/batchmate "Atish" forwarded a mail to the new joinees of my company. Although the mail was suppose to be humorous but if one looks back and think over it the saddest truth of my life shouts straight into my ear . The mail goes like this .....


Profile of a Software Engineer(Orkut)...Do read. You have to read the part highlighted in the end ?.its our story:
About me : I think I am changing the world, but I am not. I think I am contributing to the Indian economy, but I guess I am not. I think I love my work, but I do not. I think I hate all people who made me earn my engineering degree, and I do. I think I am living, but and most importantly, I am LOOKING for someone!! Ok...I won't be funny anymore. I am a cool guy with a zeal to enjoy life (If you know me--> "Just stop
laughing!!")
Relationship status : what?
Birthday : The day my PL is about to fire me
Age : 10111
Here for: web browsing in company hours
Children : can't be (hey, don't get me wrong here!!)
Ethnicity : Programmer
Languages I speak : Java, C/C++, 010101110101
Religion: I get holidays on all religious festivals, so I love all religions.
Political view : the guy sitting beside me is a pig!!
Humor : weekly
Fashion: Ask my company HR. Btw, I like jeans, t-shirt and a cross-bag.
Smoking: The second greatest pleasure on the earth
Drinking: The first is this.
Pets: Yeah, my PL looks like a dog.
Living: Cummon, this is a stupid one. How can this be asked to a software engineer? Believe me, I am living!!
Hometown : My company (Oh God! Please bring my appraiser to this page)
Webpage: http://naukri.com , http://jobsahead.com
Passions: searching for the cheapest pub around, cursing my company, looking for other company, remembering my good old college days, worrying about my future
Sports: quake, CS (Counter Strike), computer chess
Activities: Are you crazy?
Books: "How to lose weight in 20 days?", "How to live a happy life?", "101 ways to attract a girl", "Java Unleashed", "C++ at your footsteps", Others censored
Music: Metallica, Pink Floyd, Nirvana, ACDC, and anything depressing
Tv shows : can't afford one
Cuisines : Bread Butter, Maggi, anything available within 200 metres of home

Yeah the truth , a joke ...but they say truth is always bitter. And I am living a life which has no meaning so in a sense I have simply lost in my so called life. Can I ever be happy and enjoy what I am doing is the question which pops up every time to irritate me cause it knows I will never be able to find an answer to that.

No comments: