Wednesday, June 11, 2008

SMS this to that SMS that to this

Mobile Phones. A commodity without which I am unable even to imagine how our fathers and fore-fathers use to live. I have tried imagining and failed to do so. With ever increasing user base sometimes do you have a feeling that unwanted things have started to happen more. Those unwanted phone calls with a bunch of unwanted sms's. Truly speaking some may find it annoying but I don't. Unfortunately the people who send it have a sick sense of humor. Every time they manage to send these sms's and make calls exactly during those time when I don't want it to. Still my patience hasn't given up and I am able look at the bright side i.e. they make me sometime feel important and not so alone.

Wow it seems I am really lonely and desperate!!.

God give these people all the blessings in the world. And thankfully these people don't know want kind of handset I have. Or they do not know how mobile unsavvy I am in spite of currently in a firm which works quite a bit within the mobile domain. I guess this is the only time I am thankful of my blog being not so popular otherwise they would definitely stop calling me after reading this confession of mine.

Moving on have you ever received sms's which tells you to text some thing back to a particular number and you can win something. Or text something to know your future (yeah I agree strange cocktail of modernity (mobile phones) and medieval beliefs(future,horoscope)). Or text something to check compatibility with some other person.

What do I do with these. I think I do what everyone does, I delete them. Good fingering exercise. But this is where I got it wrong. Since these kind of messages never stop and is ever increasing in their diversity. It must be making some business sense. Somebody must be replying. Not only somebody but I guess there are plenty who must be replying. A billion in population, only a few percentage makes huge number.

Why am I telling you this. Because finally I succumbed to their tireless effort. All these days I tried to be elusive but in one moment of weakness I yielded to my curiosity. Even though the results I got will not ensure my loyalty as a user but it certainly was worth every rupee of premium charges spent on the sms. To be more precise, it was hilarious.

Let me just reproduce some of the replies which I got. There was one which asked to sms my name and get to know my future or something like that. And the reply was:

You are witty and creative. You have a positive frame of mind and are very inspiring and big hearted. When your feelings are hurt you withdraw into a shell but your cheerful nature pulls you through. Be careful, lest you lapse into depression and cynicism.


Yes yes...all you who know me can laugh...As I said before it is hilarious ...where do they drive out the results from...If tomorrow I change my name to some Barak Obama will my fortune and character change. I guess it will. May be I should do that. Keep smsing till I get the best character description and change my name. All those who are getting influenced please try and tell me whether it worked or not.

Another one of the service was to sms name of you and your partner and it checks for compatibility. I had to sms two words only (probably a combo of my first name and my love interests first name). But now as dumb I am, I sms'ed 4 words, my full name and the other's full name. (Later on tried the correct way too but the results are not so funny to be disclosed...You know sometimes I am an emotional fool to be not so candid). So the result of the wrong sms was that it found compatibility with my first name 'Rohan' and my last name 'Rai'. So here goes the reply.


Rating 8.5. rohan your love for rai is rated as 8.5 out of 10. Your love is so pure and true that it is most probably used as an example amongst many of your friends. There are non selfish interest involved in any form in you for your partner. With little effort your love can change from being on the verge of to really escalating to the next level of unconditional love. You should be happy to have experienced something like this. Just set aside your worries and enjoy this blissful relationship


Didn't I have said it twice already this gonna be hilarious.

For me it seems that Rohan is truly, madly, deeply in love with Rai and loving it

After reading this I really need to find a girl named 'Rai'. Wow their goes my chance of getting paired.

What can I say in the end their are ways sick humor (he he) is always lurking in corner to give you a surprise. Be there be technology or no technology. All you have to do is to seek earnestly

4 comments:

Atish said...

nice post dude :D
laughed all the way...
try "rohan & ria" .. in this way u wud have the same letters for ur love interest and increase ur probability of finding a girl by that name :P :D

Atish said...

on second thots... is ria sen single ? :P

Rohan Rai said...

wow man gud 2 know i can also make people laugh :P well man do this for me man...find d compatible one for me :P wat r gud frenz for :)

Anonymous said...

ooi....im using this one this week :)