Monday, June 23, 2008

Grief

Dark topic to my post. Indeed it is. I cannot argue with that. I was reading an interesting booklet (WatchTower). Although I read only a few pages but still it compelled me reproduce some of it over here in my blog.

Grief can effect us in various ways, but for many the overriding feeling is of immense emotional pain. Grief can be intense. Grief can visit in various forms. Nobody is untouched by the concept of grief, so I feel I need not reproduce examples to back my statement. But the question which haunts me is that is it possible to come out of it.

Just as severe physical wounds takes time to heal, so it is with bereavement. Recovering from grief may take months, a few years or even longer. But the acute pain one may feel in the beginning will lessen in time, and life would seem less bleak and meaningless.

Grief is said to be necessary part of healing process and it helps us in learning to adapt to the new situation. It may prove itself to be a necessary emotional release. And every individual grieves differently

Talking, writing, shopping, music, in fact anything could be useful. Just the requirement is to find oneself with the best compatible source of release. Which mind you is not easy.

Somewhere it is written by a pained soul "My soul certainly feels a loathing towards my life. I will give vent to my concern about myself. I will speak in the bitterness of my soul".

Wow what an expression of expressing the desire for the release. I am glad that I came across this meaningful expression which makes me feel its not so bad after all to glorify ones grief in the pursuit of an ever distant peace.

Well I cannot summarize this post or give it a proper conclusion cause I don't know how. I have been disabled by my conflicting thoughts and immense thoughts of nothingness but nonetheless I unashamedly take your leave and leave it to you to make some sense out of this rambling.

2 comments:

Atish said...

"It is right it should be so;
Man was made for joy and woe;
And when this we rightly know,
Thro' the world we safely go.

Joy and woe are woven fine,
A clothing for the soul divine.
Under every grief and pine
Runs a joy with silken twine."

-- William Blake

Peace :)

Rohan Rai said...

http://www.online-literature.com/blake/612/

The whole stuff does an even better justice.

Peace Completed :)