Thursday, July 17, 2008

SMS's Services With A Funny Streak

There is reason why I do not have a high end phone. At least I would like to think that way. The mystery behind my odd behavior of possessing a low cost phone in spite of currently working in a company working in mobile domain got revealed to me today.

There are two basic service of phone which I use. One is the most basic of calling and receiving calls and the other is for receiving and sending messages in text format. For me these two basic service is enough. In fact more than enough. In fact it provides so much entertainment that I am scared that "I" with a high end phone with infinite amount of facilities would become a mobile-o-holic.

But why am I telling you this. No where near doing justice to the title of this post. What to do my mind is like a free bird and a careless wanderer and has started to affect my writing style.

Coming down to the point.

I work in a company which provides a search service. Search anything via web,wap or sms and if the answer is not found in already existing information with us then we find the answer from somewhere and sms it to you.

Yes of course indeed a good service.

Now I know there are two kind of skeptics who are reading this

One who is thinking that I am doing a shameless publicity of my company service. For them I would say "Hey you blind people can't you already see a search box on right top of my blog"

And the other skeptics are people whose mind has already imagining thing. Yeah you, you dirty minded dog who is thinking that well I should ask them Angelina Jolie's stats, or when does Priyanka Chopra takes bath (Bath == nudity (got the relation)). Or yeah the favorite where could I get a girl . Truly speaking if somehow you get the answer to this from the service then I would believe it is no less than a God. God...hmmm..would I be wrong If I say then it is even bigger :)

My mind wanders ...Remember !!!

So the thing which I wanted to say is that I keep pushing the system and ask pretty different questions. It achieves dual purpose. One it improves the data our system has and secondly it gives me a sick pleasure of knowing that I am better than the dumb system. At least for now.

Now if an answer is not found in the system then we deliver it to you on the phone by somehow finding it somewhere. Now these unknown answer could be big and you must be knowing that a big message generally gets split into multiple message. Here is one of the message I received for the query of "CAT forms Bangalore". The message was big and it got split into two which created a humor out of its own

The first message I received was

For Cat forms bangalore, user(dc_sat) on zook,"The CAT 2008 Bulletin containing the CAT application form and other information can be obtained at bra(1/2)

For the benefit of all those sickos who are thinking this was done deliberately. Here is the second part

nches of UTI Bank/pos off(mg road,jp nagar, jayanagar, kmngla,bellary, marathahalli,gulbarga) bt July 17 and aug 17 for rs 1100(rs 550 for sc/st)

I tell you...humor always lurks everywhere.

6 comments:

sameer said...

Hehe, unintended consequences are always funnier.

Rohan Rai said...

Yes Indeed :)

Suresh said...

In that case, I will also be looking for some CAT information ... :))

Rohan Rai said...

hahahha U sure could...who knows what you will get as an answer :)

Atish said...

and vaise bhi ur fone is so much better than the high end ones.. it has that 'auto change ringtone' facility ... remember? :P :D

Rohan Rai said...

hahah ya indeed ...u see ..u r able 2 point out even more things :)