Monday, April 07, 2008

M _ _ _ _ _ _ O ???

Ugadi: Kannada New Year (I Hope I got the meaning right): 7th April 2008. Sitting...rather lazily lying on the bed. Wondering what to do. Suddenly something catches my attention. The one that catches my attention is so compelling that no human being would be able to ignore. And I think I still belong to the category termed as "homo sapiens" so my reaction was nothing different. But before I did what any of us would have done I overheard a song which one among them was singing. It was ....

We are special for we can fly..
We are special for we let no one pass by...
We are special cause we are the night bhai's..
We are special and our sixth letter is 'I'..

We love humans for they are good..
We love humans for they produce our food..
We love humans for not only they help us feed..
We love humans as they also help us breed..

Puddle of water is what we call as home..
After becoming adult we start to roam..
The food which we have is called blood..
Plenty of which is present in humans flood..

'M' is the first letter of our name..
'M' is the first letter of our fame..
Do not wonder as our fame is widely known..
Malaria is what I think, they call it in humans home..

We are envied by plenty on earth..
Casper, All OUT..Of which there is no dearth..
But today we do not worry much because of them..
As to fight the enemy we have genetically changed..

Stronger than before, Stronger than ever..
I move in stealth to satisfy my hunger..
I mock this human by buzzing around his ear...
And play a little as I have no fear..

After the fun I get down to business..
Choosing the perfect spot I drink to fullness..
In the state of drunkenness I then try to fly back...
I am the Mosquito I instill fear with my act...

Sometimes an exception may also occur..
If an overzealous brother drinks more than what human can suffer..
A swoooosh is all he will hear as his last..
As a hand or a newspaper will come down in hard..

A loss or two can always happen..
But we are the MOSQUITO we hit back with vengeance..
We overwhelm our enemies in great numbers..
We are the Mosquitoes we never grumble..


A bite of an insect is what brought me back to senses. Then went my hand in full force towards origin of pain only to result in a squashed mosquito as a revengeful gain.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wot does it mean??

Rohan Rai said...

Just as it looks like ...:)